Wednesday, June 16, 2010

ja, ich weiss....










So I know it has been 16 days since I've last posted. My excuse is this:

I do not have wireless internet and the internet I can get at the school is most of the time
r e a l l y s l o w, so it was almost pointless to try to blog.

I am planning on uploading a selection of photos in the next couple of days though, so ya'll can finally see what I've been up to

My classes here have been great. They also have been a huge struggle. I knew i was never good at pronouncing german words before I came, but now I really know it. I can hear and read german pretty fine, but speaking it is another story. I have my first german test on friday. Wish me luck!!

Last weekend, my group went to Munich and then off to the fairy tale castle of Neuschwanstein in the foothills of the Alps. König Ludwig II started building this castle in the late 1860s and was dedicated to the showing of Richard Wagner's operas. Too bad Wagner died before he even set foot in the castle. Ludwig himself didn't live there long at all either. He had to abdicate his throne in 1886 before the castle was finished and mysteriously died (they found him drowned in a lake) shortly after.

Buttt yeah.... it sure is beautiful. At least Disney thought so because he modeled the Sleeping Beauty Castle after it.

That's all for now. I hope all is going well for you all out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment